MP4: "Recreating Bone and Ivory in Polymer" Mastering the New Clay DVD volume 9
Tory teaches you Recreating Bone and Ivory this afternoon!
As soon as we are notified of your payment,
we'll email you the link for the video.
Click, load, and watch.
> ABOUT THIS MP4 - Classic DVD "Recreating Bone and Ivory in Polymer", from the ever-popular "Mastering the New Clay with Tory Hughes" video series.
For more about this DVD, please go to the Recreating Bone and Ivory DVD page.
Please print out the four text pages you see in the images here:
these enclosures come in the box when you purchase the DVD.
• Materials list
• Tools lists
• Basic information card about polymer
• Very important first card: "Please use good studio practices, we aren't responsible for things that happen to you by watching and following this instructional video!" Necessary, thank you!
• Workbooks, patterns and transfers used in Mastering the New Clay DVDs are only available with your purchase of the actual DVD.
> ABOUT RECREATING BONE AND IVORY This DVD includes all you’ll need to understand this technique and start to personalize it. Tory Hughes invented these enormously influential techniques, back in the early 1990's. Here she teaches you how to superbly mimic natural materials. You'll learn a mastery of polymer, and train your eye to accurately discern, as you learn to recreate bone and ivory.
- Learn to make a clay body that mimics ivory and bone
- Learn a caning technique to make a checkerboard cane
- Carve into the baked surface
- Sand and use paint for antique effects
- Create pre-baked inlays.
- Embed mosaic-like pieces replicating coral, turquoise, and tiny checkerboards
- Learn finishing techniques of sanding and polishing
- Make three different types of beads:
a flat pendant,
a curving tusk
Supplemental materials and tools list included
> ABOUT BAKING TEMPERATURES
- Manufacturers often change their polymer formulas.
Follow the baking temperatures on the package you purchase, NOT what I say on the video, until you've done some experimentation.